Puritan Bennett 540 Ventilator System
Now you can send patients home with the same innovative Puritan Bennett
ventilator technology that hospitals have used for decades. The Puritan Bennett
540 Portable Ventilator offers both pressure and volume modes for the treatment
of most chronic respiratory pathologies and neuromuscular diseases. The internal
lithium-ion battery provides up to 11 hours*(depending on settings and other
factors) of battery life, allowing patients improved mobility. The real time
battery life indicator displays remaining internal battery life in hours and
minutes. The Puritan Bennett 540 Portable Ventilator also incorporates a large,
easy-to-read display screen and intuitive, menu-driven navigation.
Features of the Puritan Bennett 540 Ventilator:
- Small and lightweight (6.0 H x 9.25 W x 12.4 D, and 9.9 lbs)
- Pressure and volume ventilation
- Invasive and noninvasive ventilation
- Up to 11 hours*(depending on settings and other factors) of patient mobility
(with internal lithium-ion battery)
- Real time battery life indicator
- Integrated low pressure oxygen
- Single- or double-limb breathing circuit
- VTE monitoring with double-limb circuit
- Waveform screens
- Adults and children 5 kg or greater
- Remote alarm capabilities
Indications For Usage -
- The Puritan Bennett 540 Portable Ventilator is indicated for the continuous or
intermittent mechanical ventilatory support of patients weighing at least 5 kg
who require mechanical ventilation. The ventilator is a restricted medical
device intended for use by qualified, trained personnel under the direction of a
physician. Specifically, the ventilator is applicable for adult and pediatric
patients who require the following general types of ventilatory support, as
prescribed by an attending physician:
- Positive Pressure Ventilation
- Assist/Control, SIMV, or CPAP modes of ventilation
- Breath types including Volume, Pressure Control and Pressure Support
- The ventilator is suitable for use in institutional, home, and transport
settings. It is not intended for use as an emergency transport ventilator.
* On a fully charged battery at a setting of PIP = 10 cmH2O, VT = 200 ml and
Rate = 20 bpm. Level adjustments, environmental conditions and physiological
characteristics of the patient affect battery life.
Accessories for the Puritan Bennett 540 Ventilator (Call or email to order) -
- Circuits and Filters - A complete range of compatible ventilator circuits and
filters are available.
- Cart - A small, stable cart is available to transport the patients
ventilator, humidifier, and other accessories to other areas of the facility.
- Dual Bag - This bag easily adapts the Puritan Bennett 540 Portable Ventilator
to a wheelchair. The Dual Bag can also be carried by a caregiver as a backpack.
- Car Charger - Power runs the ventilator, providing peace of mind when away
For More Information on the Puritan Bennett 540 Ventilator
System, please call or email.